Saturday, April 17, 2010

a good day.

it's been a good day. a day where we're tired because we got things done. evie had two birthday parties to go to, so allyson and i got to spend time running needed errands together. at home depot and lowes, we day dreamed about what we want to do with the yard once we have money again. we even got to costco early and had free reign on the samples. they had different flavored popcorn and we tried every flavor shamelessly without remotely pretending that we would buy any; we did ask how long they would be at our costco to see if we needed to come back for more samples next week. they're leaving tomorrow, so i contemplated seconds. i passed and am living with the regret now. we are also having our basement finished and the sheetrock finished going up today. looks awesome. we'll post pics when it is complete. and if that's not enough for you, our secondary water was turned back on today and i tested all the sprinklers we had put in last summer and none of them froze/burst this winter.

oh, and it was 76 degrees. it's been a good day.

3 comments:

Megs said...

Sounds like a perfect day. That is so fun about your basement!

Evie being at birthday parties reminded me of a few months ago when Blake got invited to a late afternoon birthday party. They said parents could stay or go. Blake wouldn't even notice if we stayed or not so I just dropped him off and Matt and I went to dinner. So awkward when I picked him up and EVERY OTHER mom stayed with their kid. I am such a good mom.

The fact that you have a yard big enough for sprinklers makes me jealous :)

I love Costco.

Jess said...

I am excited to see pictures of the basement. Glad you had a great Saturday and I'm also glad you don't have to spend time or money fixing sprinklers.

Kimberli Hughes said...

Why didn't you call and tell us about the popcorn samples at costco. Sounds yummy. The boys would have been smiling. j/k