
Then about a week ago, my mom came to visit from Arizona. With Evie being the only granddaughter, my mom comes up at least twice a year, and we have so much fun with her. We started out with a trip to Chucky Cheese. When I take Evie (and when I say "when", I mean the one time I've taken her :)), she gets a few dollars worth of tokens and we call it good--but with Grandma, she got all the tokens she wanted and we even sampled the pizza. And just a head's up, one tiny pizza costs nearly as much as 2 Little Caesars pizzas and it tastes like cardboard with plain tomato sauce and a sprinkle of cheap cheese. But the upside is, while you eat, you get to watch a band of poorly-made robots from the 80's sing and dance...c'mon, they are definitely making enough money to upgrade their technology! -------It was a good time, though :)!
There was a birthday party going on, so we got to see the real Chucky. Evie was so excited! I felt a little awkward letting her go up with the birthday kids that we didn't know, but when I saw a lady, also not from the group, take like 27 pictures of her baby kissing Chucky's nose (which is probably filthy), I didn't feel as bad. It's okay to have bad etiquette as long as there's someone there, who has worse etiquette...less eyes on you :)
The next day, we took a trip to Build-a-Bear. We always let Evie look around in there, but we never buy anything because it's too expensive. It kills Greg, though, when we look over and she's got one of the sample bears and she's brushing it and cleaning it in the little pretend shower. So, after my mom watched her for a minute, she decided to buy one for her. Evie was so excited. I think that up to that point, she didn't even know that buying was an option. So they got the bear, and the little heart, and the clothes, and my mom even recorded her voice to put inside. Evie loved it!

And this was the scene the night before mom left. She's usually sad and then gets over it quickly, but this time she cried for like 3 days--and I thought the voice in the bear would help, but when she would listen to it, big tears would well up in her eyes and she would lose it again. It just broke my heart. She's fine now, though. That's just life, living away from grandparents. I just feel lucky that we live close to Greg's parents so she can have at least half her grandparents close by.



3 comments:
Evies little sad face breaks my heart...so sad :(
I love that your mom recorded her voice in the bear...that so sweet! Way to go Cami!
Love love love the haircut!! I would have had a hard time with cutting off her beautiful hair too (and would have totally try to sway also), but I LOVE IT!! Love it! You Mom is so good to Evie. Oh, I love how she was sad for her to leave also. As much as it must break your Mother's heart to read that as well, it must also make her feel loved. I loved the pictures with Grandma and how much fun you all had. I think time with my Mom is one of my favorite things!
Hi Allyson! I found your blog through Kyle's and I'm going to link it to mine so I can keep up with what's going on with you guys! Your daughter is ADORABLE! She looks just like your mom! Who, by the way, looks exactly the same as she did 15 years ago! Your family is so cute!
Post a Comment