Thursday, August 23, 2007

birthday cake or pickle chiffon pie?



counting the candles on this cupcake, it would appear that al is turning twelve today, but she is actually twenty-seven. we don't have our camera battery and the thought of a birthday shout-out without a picture seemed weird, so i got this one from some stock photo website. much more festive. al has always been big on birthdays, which has always made me nervous about how to make them special. i'll be honest, i have dropped the ball more than once on major special occasions. this year wasn't bad. you'll have to ask al for the report. we went to jason's deli for lunch, which is one of al's favorites, then we went to shrek 3 at the dollar theatre tonight as a family. we bought a new couch last night, so al wasn't expecting any presents. (this is the part where i feel i did well.) al has always talked about her favorite children's book, "pickle chiffon pie", which you can't get at stores anymore. so, i found it on-line and it should be here in 3-5 business days. i made a coupon to give to her in the meantime. all in all, i think al was pleased. happy birthday, al, i love you.

6 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

did you make her a coupon for one back massage and one for making the bed? or was that just us on mother's day!

way to go greg on the birthday. seemed like a great day. pass on the ideas to brent. nice touch on the book. I love those kind of presents. The heartfelt and sincere and you know the person has been thinking about it for a while!

Happy Birthday Allyson. Hope it was a great day!

Stephanie said...

happy birthday, Al! Greg, it sounds like you made it a great day. i am so excited to see your blog. i will have to check out that book. Brett knows that a childrens book is always a safe bet when it comes to getting me a gift so maybe i will have to suggest that one!

Unknown said...

YEA! This is so cute. I love that you are now blogging. It makes me feel like I am not so far away! Happy Birthday Al, a little late.

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Al, again!!! I know I told you that the day of, but I wanted to say it again. :) And this was the sweetest post, Greg!!! Way to go on the birthday book, I am very excited to read it when Al gets it, and maybe it will end up on my most wanted list as well. haha.
We can't wait to see the couch...in case we don't get over there soon....post some pics!! And just out of curiosity...what did you do with the big black one? It's a little too large to cram in your bedroom, I'm just assuming here. :P
Love you guys,
Nicole, Jeff, & West

Megs said...

I too wonder what the coupon was for... One hour of Greg time, maybe?? Sounds like you did a great job on the birthday. Remember when Allyson and I lived together!

Erin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLYSON! I need to write down your birthday so I know when it is..instead of realizing it way after the fact. It sounds like you had a fun day. I am very jealous about the new couch. You deserve it though!