
Okay so my Dad did the craziest thing on New Year's Eve--he went on a ride-along with a policeman that he knows from church. He's kind of a closet "COPS" watcher and always wondered what kind of chaos and stupidity really goes on on New Year's Eve. My family thought it sounded dangerous, but he was determined. The whole day before he went he was acting like a little boy, playing cops and robbers. Every time I turned around, he was peering out from some wall with a "finger gun" saying "Hands Up!" or something. It was killing me! I even found myself getting my arms pinned behind my back, ready for cuffs--He was out of control! My dad is a jokester and he was taking it to the extreme. Well, he did have the experience he was looking for. He was gone from 5pm to 6am and they had gone on a few chases, went 120 mph, pulled people over, booked people, tried to get a guy to admit he was the driver who did a hit and run, and lots of other creepy, but I guess exciting things. He came out of it with a greater respect for cops and a knowledge that New Year's Eve is way worse than he ever imagined it was with drunk drivers...and the feeling that he never wanted to do a ride-along again.
My New Year's was much calmer. Since Greg had already gone back to Utah and my Dad was playing "Officer Craig", my mom, Evie, and I went to see the Mesa temple lights, then we just hung out at home.
These were a couple of many new year's looks that Evie sported throughout the day. She went to bed at 9:30, however. I wasn't about to have a cranky 3 year old the next day.

My mom and I bringing in the new year with a bunch of newlywed couples. My brothers, their wives, and some of their friends came over to play games. It was pretty fun, but I missed my Greg!
These were a couple of many new year's looks that Evie sported throughout the day. She went to bed at 9:30, however. I wasn't about to have a cranky 3 year old the next day.
My mom and I bringing in the new year with a bunch of newlywed couples. My brothers, their wives, and some of their friends came over to play games. It was pretty fun, but I missed my Greg!

4 comments:
stick em up! your dad is funny.
That's hilarious about your dad. I can totally see him doing it though!
That is so funny about your dad. I bet that was quite the experience for him. I love that last picture of you and your mom.
SO FUN!!! Have a sibling come home from a mission is the best! And to have not been all together for 5 years . . . wow, that is a long time! I loved seeing all those pictures. Can I just say that you and your sister look so much a like too! I know I have seen her before, but for some reason in those pictures you look SO A LIKE! What a fun trip home. I love being with family. It really is the best!
Post a Comment