Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Professional Flower Girl

On October 16th, EvieJane was a flower girl for the 3rd time this year--January for Uncle Steve's wedding, August for Uncle Jeff's wedding, and now October for our good friend, Alli's wedding. Had we flown out to South Carolina in May, she would have also been a flower girl in her Uncle Jud's wedding. What a fun time for so many people that we love!! And not a bad time for the growth of Evie's wardrobe either. Her closet looks like a prom dress shop for toddlers.

This is Aunt Amy (Alli's sister who is married to Greg's brother Scott--Alli is not a real relative, but an honorary one--did you get that?), part of Steve Schaak, Alli, and our other close friend Alyssa. The one bouncing her hair in front is my daughter Evie, who loves the camera!

Evie spotted this little boy sitting on the grass and said, "see ya mom, i need to go sit by that boy". I walked over to take their picture (It was Steve's nephew Caleb, age 4) and Caleb covered his face and said "no, no, no". I quietly bribed him with a starburst and this was the result. You would have never guessed he was being non-compliant just seconds before--smart kid!


1 comment:

mj said...

Allyson...So...I was chatting with my friend Sarah (Webb) Watford tonight and she is cousins with Alyssa...crazy huh? So I was wondering if you could remind me what your connection to Alyssa is so that I can tell Sarah. Here I thought that you two were distant Webb cousins...guess not! She saw pics of Evie on Alyssa's facebook and then she saw Alyssa and Evie on your blog. As if being a mormon didn't make the world small enough...blogs are making it smaller! We miss you guys! I can't wait to see pics of the littlest Elphaba! <3 Mae-Mae