Monday, December 3, 2007

Cool Hair

Okay, so after having 3 younger brothers, followed by 4 nephews, I was elated to get a little girl so that I could do fun hairstyles. Of course that wasn't the only reason I was excited but it did play a bigger role than it maybe should have. So anyway, on a daily basis I find pure joy in being able to experiment and do fun things with Evie's hair. This do was one that I often requested from my mom when I was a little girl... the SIDE BRAID! It was very cool to show up at school with one of these. Now Evie doesn't go to school, but I only have 2 more years to practice, so I thought I better start trying to perfect it. It turned out pretty good...just don't look too closely because I lost count of how many bobby pins I masterfully tucked in to keep it in place. Give it a go--it's a hit with all ages :)!


Um, Yah...Typical Evie with the poses! Where does she get this stuff??




9 comments:

Jessica said...

Yea! Lot of new posts and photos! Evie always was a poser as soon as she could roll over and crawl. I love that she hasn't lost her touch! Her hair is darling! What a lucky girl to have a mom to do great hair! Riley doesn't let me do much to her hair. If I'm lucky I can get one little pony tail in to keep it out of her eyes. Hopefully cooperation will come with age, but I hardly would know what to do. Do you teach classes or have a cute hair handbook?

AmyJane said...

So totally cute....this is why I want a girl! To do the hair and the outfits!
Also, she gets the poses from you Allyson. Hate to break it to you but that pose is ALL you!

mj said...

Wow Al...you are a great stylist is we ever have a girl...I will have to come visit you so you can show me all of your tricks. The only style I can do is a pony tail...

Jess said...

Great job on the side braid. It looks beautiful!

Megs said...

LOVING the pose. Very cute hair as well.

It's Been a Day! said...

great hair. too bad grandma weed didn't make you her homemade topsy tail gadget. you could have gotten dozens of great styles out of that!

Tasha said...

Now that is a darling hair do . . . but I would have to say I love the EvieJane poses and outfit just as much! Where did you get her . . .she really is great. She kepts all of us entertained and smiling.

jacque said...

Cute, my girls hair would never do that or look that good. We put a clip in to keep their bangs back and are out the door. I love Evie's outfit! So stylish! Does she get headaches from the braids? I remember my mom would put them so tight it would hurt! :)

Shar said...

So I have no idea how to braid hair...I'll have to get you and Nic to teach me soon. Evie's braid turned out so cute.