Saturday, July 26, 2008

Lots and Lots of Stuff

COTTRELL FAMILY REUNION--FIRST WEEKEND IN JUNE
Greg's sister, Jessica, decided to bless her baby, Ashley, in Utah with the family. She knew it would probably be the one time she would have the opportunity to have all 5 brothers in the blessing circle. It was a neat experience.
Greg, his brothers, brother-in-law Kevin, Kevin's brother, and Greg's Dad

All of Greg's siblings: Scott (28, living in Ohio), Greg (27), Jess (32, Las Vegas), Nick (25, SLC Utah), Jud (30, Northern VA), Eric (23, BYU student)

EvieJane and Cali holding baby Ashley...can you tell they're cousins?



Aunt Amy reading to the kids--Camden, Cali, Luke, and Evie

Wagon Rides from Grandpa

A tour at the "Sweet's Factory" in Salt Lake.--This was so fun. I felt like we were going through Willy Wonka's factory. They showed us how they made all the candy and we got to peek in the secret rooms and taste some of the candy that had just been made--have you ever had taffy right of the line?...so so tasty! But the best part was these cool hats. We were all touring in style! And to our surprise, we got to take them home to enjoy many more hours of green shower cap fun :)!

Luke, Cali, and Evie--the first 3 grandchildren, all born in the same year!

Aunt Anitra and Evie--Anitra is having a baby in November and claims there are no cute pictures of her, so this is to prove her wrong :)


This was at Hogle Zoo. I had never been and it was actually really fun. Evie, Katelyn, Cali, Camden, and Luke were enjoying the caterpillar.



We were mesmerized by the elephants, so we all wanted our picture with them.


This was just weird, so I had to take a picture of it.


At the bird show with Grandma and Grandpa


Hugs from Amy



TRIP TO ARIZONA--Evie and I got to go to Arizona to visit my family the last week in May

We spent some time with by best friend, Jacque, and Evie just loved playing with her girls. Here they are after swimming. (Makenna, Evie, and Alexa)

Evie sporting Grandma Cami's sunglasses. And aren't my Dad's red flowers so pretty?


It's not a trip without finding the costume box. These were costumes that I used to wear when I was little--so fun to see my own daughter enjoying them :)



I just threw this in because it seemed to kind of fit with the costumes. My mom and brother went to China a few months ago and brought this dress back for Evie. She kept saying how fancy she felt and made sure everyone at church got a look at it.
Memorial Day!---It has been a long long time since I've been at the family BBQ/swim party. It was really fun to spend time with relatives and enjoy nice weather. It probably snowed in Utah that day...ugh!

Chelsi and Jeff and Natalie's youngest, Braden


Tyler, Evie, and Adam

Grandma Cami and Evie


My Dad's parents, Russ and Yvonne--who Evie refers to as Grandpa Great and Grandma Great. They used to live in Utah, but as soon as I moved to the area, they moved to Arizona. We don't get to see them nearly enough, but it's so fun when we do.


Sunday Dinner on the lawn. It's usually super hot in AZ by the end of May, but the weather was so gorgeous. We spent as much time as we could outdoors.



COUSINS! Evie just absolutely adores my sister's boys. Braden is 1, Bryson is 8, Adam is 7 and Tyler is 4. We just wish we lived closer so we could play more.


There's a lot of mischief on those faces!


DANCE RECITAL #2

Evie had so much fun in her dance class, and she especially liked wearing make-up for the recital!


Uncle Nick, Grandma Nonne, and Uncle Eric were nice enough to come and watch Evie's performance. She felt so special!

A VISIT FROM GRANDPA CRAIG

My Dad has a client in Salt Lake, so every now and then we get a little visit from him. He used to just come on day trips, but now he does an over-nighter so he can see Evie. It's so fun! Utah is our home, but at times, I do get home-sick for my family. I love when they come and visit.


TREMONTON--My mom's parent's live just 2 hours north of us, so we try to make visits when we can. Evie loves being there, and my grandparents just eat her up!

Here's Evie having her picture taken after church


Our Family in Sunday Best

Grandpa Skeeter, Evie, and Grandma Norni

11 comments:

Holly said...

Now I know why you haven't posted in awhile. You obviously have been busy. Looks like a lot of fun with family.

aniC said...

ok, a several things...
1. i'm glad you finally posted! it seems like forever since we were all out there.
2. evie is SO cute!
3. that picture of evie and i actually is pretty cute...and SOOO depressing that my hair is all gone now. it makes me want to cry!
and most importantly 4. i'm due in september!! don't wish 2 more months of pregnancy on me (c: (i understand the confusion...amy is the one due in november)

Jess said...

That was so fun to see all those pictures. It threw me off a little when I saw my face first thing when I got to your blog. :) Allyson, do you ever take a bad picture? I don't think so, you are so photogenic.

Tasha said...

I loved seeing what you guys have been up to this summer. Looks like some fun trips and some good family time. I hope you have another fun time on your family vacation this next week.

mj said...

wow! you have been busy. so fun to see what you are up to. looks like you are making the most of your summer. enjoy your vaca this weekend!

Suz said...

So fun! Grandma And Gramdpa look so good! Hope all is well. Love ya!

Jess said...

Dear Al,
Thanks for the pics. Evie is as cute as ever. Natalie's boys are adorable, as well. I loved the picture in the heirloom dress. I can hardly believe the story! It was fun to see you for a second at the reunion. It went too fast, though! I wish we could have had more time to catch up. Looks like you guys are doing well!

Love,
Jess

Carrie and Tyson said...

I love that costume box. Evie is quite the little poser, isn't she!

Katie said...

Hi! I found your blog from a link on another ward member's. I still can't believe how grown up Evie is getting! You are such a cute little family!

Love, Katie Reese

maryirene said...

i love the pictures you take of eviejane. she is so adorable. we miss her a lot. especially elliot. she was such a good friend to him. we miss you all. we'll definitely come visit you if you are around christmas time.

Shar said...

hey Al- will you email me the picture of Evie at Dance Recital #2? I am making a little photo book for Kapria with all her friends that she plays with, and that one of Evie is just so cute. Blogger wouldn't let me click it and steal it. darn.

thanks!