Wednesday, September 19, 2007

can't win.

we haven't used a stroller very much in the last several months, giving evie plenty of time to build up those leg muscles. while we were at the store the other night, she was having one of her many moments. between sobs, she said she couldn't walk anymore, and so i asked her why not. she told me her legs didn't work and that i needed to carry her. (for those of you who haven't seen evie lately, it looks like you are carrying a 5 year old around.) after she said her legs didn't work, i did one of those parent things that i never thought i would do. i told her that there are some kids whose legs really don't work and she needed to stand up and walk. she stopped sobbing for a moment, and then crying harder yelled, "why don't their legs work?" can't win. at least she was attempting to be sensitive.

7 comments:

Megs said...

I haven't stopped laughing since I read that. Seriously, way to pull that out. I can't believe you thought it would work :)

It's Been a Day! said...

oh greg! that is so funny. I have pulled a lot of the things that I thought i would never do - however, Tyson's mind isn't as advanced as evie's yet so I don't get the cute comments back!

greg & allyson said...

megan, i couldn't believe it either. as i was saying it, i was thinking, "is this really coming out of my mouth?"

greg & allyson said...

megan, i couldn't believe it either. as i was saying it, i was thinking, "is this really coming out of my mouth?"

Anonymous said...

Hello Greg and Al, this is your long lost friend Adam Phillips from Ricks College. Just found your blog and love to catch up, looks like you guys are doing well and are looking great.

aniC said...

greeeeg...why don't their legs work?!?!?! i've been worked up about this ever since i read it. i need to know!!

Tasha said...

That was so cute and funny!! I am still laughing out loud. That can brighten ones days! Oh, I seriously just love it. I am still bummed I didn't get to come to Utah and see you guys this summer!!