Monday, March 3, 2008

Princess Evie

As I looked through all these pictures, I realized what a little princess Evie is. She really has a good life!
This first picture shows her getting some "beauty" sleep. As I was getting her ready for bed, she insisted on leaving the bows in because they looked "cute". It sounded pretty uncomfortable to me, but we went with it. I guess, according to Evie, sleeping is not a time to let beauty slide. Greg would agree that I, myself, don't live by that!
Here's the princess at a tea party with Grandma Ranonne. She actually earned this one, though. She has sticker charts that she fills out for making good choices and this was one of the prizes. It was also Ranonne's birthday, so that made it extra exciting for Evie. We had little sandwiches, veggies, pretzels, apples, and cinnamon rolls. I was going to make cupcakes, but Evie spotted the cinnamon rolls and had to have them...And I'm not going to lie, I did too! They were so so good!Mickey Mouse pancakes, courtesy of Daddy. I've tried making fun-shaped pancakes and I always fail. I probably need to make the batter thicker or something.

Snow Play! We had a lot of snow a few weeks ago and when Greg got home from work, he took Evie outside to go sledding and play in the snow. It was too cold for me, but Greg battled it to have some quality time with Evie. And by quality I mean, 15 minutes--it was colder than they thought, too :)!
We have this book called "Fancy Nancy" and Evie absolutely loves it. It's about a little girl who always turns the ordinary into something fancy and extraordinary. Well, after reading this one day, Evie asked if we could have a fancy dinner. So, we lit candles, put on some silly fancy outfits, and had canned pears for appetizers and spaghetti for the main course. Evie thought it was so special! If only adults were so easily amused!

8 comments:

Lindz said...

Allyson, you are such a fun mom to have tea parties and fancy dinners!! Evie is so lucky and she is the cutest little thing ever!!

Jessica said...

what a darling princess! I'd be lucky if Riley kept a bow in her hair for more than five minutes during the day

Jess said...

That sleeping picture is so sweet! You are a great mom! I love the fancy dinner and especially the fancy outfits.

Holly said...

Oh how sweet. I can't wait to have a little girl to do such fun things with! You're the best mom and you have the most creative and thoughtful little girl!

It's Been a Day! said...

how fun. ranonne looks great in that picture. i love it. and they lasted 15 minutes longer than i would have in the snow.

Michelle said...

So cute and fun! Evie is darling, as if you didn't know that already.

Tasha said...

So cute! A princess teaparty with Grandma all the way to making dinner a "fancy" meal. What a smart girl Evie is. She really is smart for her age by the way. Or maybe girls are just smarter than boys. But, I am around a lot of kids Evie and Tanner's age a lot and I can tell you right now not 1 is as smart as her. (Seriously too!) You have a thinker on your hands and a funny one at that!! It is fun to see what you guys have been up to lately!

Nicole said...

Love it! She is just too fun. I can't wait to have a girl who loves Fancy Nancy. They are the funnest books! (watch, IF I have a girl she will be a tomboy, oh well!) You are so much fun. Love ya