Friday, February 19, 2010

Dollar Theater

Okay, so last weekend we took Evie to see Princess and the Frog (cute movie, by the way) at the Dollar Theater. And let's face it, you get what you get when you pay next to nothing--super crowded, shoes sticking to the floor, cleanliness not a huge priority. So with this knowledge, I always come equipped with plenty of sanitizer and my own treats. I'm happy to be there, but I can almost feel the germs congregating around me. If Evie drops a starburst--even wrapped--she can consider it gone. I don't want her hands anywhere close to the ground. I even hold my purse on my lap to avoid unnecessary contact with the floor. Sooooo, all this being said, you won't be surprised to know that as we were leaving the movie, i almost vomited as I watched a 6 or 7-year-old boy down on all fours frantically eating popcorn off the theater floor. I thought about informing his mother, but she seemed to be aware of the situation (don't worry--I called DCFS--J/K). It just made me sick! Now, I know I'm an extremist, but c'mon--you've got to admit that this should never ever be okay!!! Movie popcorn is bad enough coming straight out of the bucket, but off the floor?--gross.

8 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

That is DISGUSTING!!!!!

Tasha said...

That is SOOO grose! Ugg. I am like you and carry handsanitizer to a lot of place. Brian jokes with me now that i am a germafobe. I don't care. That is just sick. Eatting popcorn off the floor??? Even at a nice theatre, yuck!

Megs said...

I was right there with you until you said and I quote, "Movie popcorn is bad enough coming straight out of the bucket." Come on, we both know it is bad for us but it is delicious. It has been a LONG time since we were wiling to fork over the obscene amount of money they charge for the popcorn but I will tell you it was so good. Yes, off the floor, bad. Out of the bucket, good.
I miss the dollar theater.

Amanda B. said...

Barf! Eating other peoples' food from a floor that hasn't been cleaned in who knows how long...sounds like something I'd let my child do too. Nasty! Maybe they are trying to build up the kid's immune system.

Unknown said...

and then after I vomited. nice. and i knew it wasn't my kid cause we don't live in utah! Just kidding, we aren't that gross.

Your mom looks great I always think of peanut m&ms and oranges when i see pictures of her

Next time you're in vegas give me a call!

I think that is everything i wanted to say. oh, and hi.

Laura Bloomfield said...

So, this may not make you feel any better because I know I'm a germaphobe too (I think that comes with the territory as a nurse), but that just made me gag!! GROSS!!!!

mj said...

i am so happy to see new pictures of you guys. i thought you forgot how to turn your computer on! you all look happy and healthy. i hope you can adopt a baby soon.

i cannot think of anything more disgusting than someone eating popcorn off the movie theater floor.

we miss you guys!

Fugal Family said...

Um yeah, that is totally disgusting! I can't believe his mother knew! You should have called DCFS :)