
Since were on the subject of Evie and her Uncle Eric, I thought I would post this picture. I was in a nostalgic mood, so I was flipping through our photo albums on the computer and came across this one. Eric took this of Evie when she was two and I think it will always be my favorite.
I remember when this was taken, thinking that her expression looked like she was waiting for someone. It's been a few years since I've seen this photo, but it means even more now with the things we've been going through over the past few years. Then I started thinking about Evie and how patient she has been through it all. As questions have come up, Allyson and I have had several conversations with her about why she doesn't have a brother or sister right now, and that hopefully someday she will. She is very good about taking it all in stride.
We have been so grateful for the blessing of Evie in our life. We have come a long way from saying "if we have a baby", to now "when we have a baby". I can't think of anyone (besides Allyson and I) that is more excited about the prospect of a little baby. She is going to be an awesome big sister someday.
Monday, February 22, 2010
Patience...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
this is one of my favorite pictures too. Evie is such a sweet and very special little girl. She will be such an amazing big sister.
Definitely a favorite picture of sweet Evie! Reading this post brought tears to my eyes. She is lucky to have wonderful parents who have been amazing through this hard trial and have helped her take everything in stride. She will be the best big sister!
Yes, she is.
Evie was such a cute 2 year old. She will be an awesome sister and her sibling WILL come!!!! We pray for you.
Post a Comment